Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Levitical Sayings

Word he read on his own: strength

New vocabulary words from our read-alouds: reconsider, manure, bewildered, alacrity, 'on the fritz,' indignation

What he said: What a fool I am. Aren't you amazed? You can do as you please. Today is the worst day of my life (said while sitting on his floor, hands over his face, crying).

What he did: (When he saw the movie, Charlotte's Web, that I had picked out for movie night) He fainted away onto the floor (with high-pitched sigh, and a smile on his face).

Levi's dad was helping him with his phonics lesson. I could hear them in the other room. Levi reads the word 'cane' and dad asks him if he knows what that is. 'Like a walking stick?' Levi reads the word 'cape' and dad asks him if he knows what that is. 'Like a cloak?'
Nope. No problem with comprehension here.

Levi runs into the kitchen and says, 'You won't believe what Dad just did!' He tells me some 'amazing' thing and then says, 'Make him a medal.' I wasn't sure what he meant, so I asked him. He says in an exasperated voice, 'The round thing you wear around your neck that says con-GRA-tu-LA-tions!' (Do I have to spell it out for you?)

No comments: