Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Miss Potter


There are not many ways to spend a more enjoyable evening than a girls' night out at a gorgeous renovated theater watching a movie as delightful as Miss Potter. It has been a very long time since I have had the opportunity to get out of the house for a relaxing evening. My sister, Shannon, called today to ask if I was up for a girl party. She and Mom invited me to join them at the movies. I was thrilled.
Miss Potter was everything I hoped it would be. I laughed. I cried. I was inspired. I'll be spending the next few days revisiting Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddle-Duck, Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle, and the rest of Miss Potter's friends. The stories and characters will have new meaning as I see them through the author's eyes. Renee Zellweger was excellent as the mischievous, spunky, heartfelt Beatrix. Emily Watson's character, Millie, was absolutely endearing. The scenery was breathtaking. The story, while achingly sad in the middle, was touching and well-told. Five stars!

4 comments:

Mumsy said...

Glad to have such a good review on this movie. I've really been wanting to see it.

(Thanks for your nice comment the other day.)

Heidi said...

Thanks for visiting, Lindsey. Glad to have you!

I hope you get a chance to see this movie. I thought it was very well done!

heather said...

Glad to hear it is good! I had hopes of seeing it in the theatre, but it isn't going to work. A friend already has it on her Netflix list and we plan on a girl night as soon as it comes in.

Heidi said...

Ah, you'll love it Heather. Definitely perfect for a girl night. :)