Pages

Friday, June 1, 2007

Summer Reading Challenge


Want to join us in making an intentional reading list for the next three months?





For ChocLit Guild:
Little Pilgrim's Progress (John Bunyan/Helen L. Taylor)
Down the Garden Path (Beverly Nichols)
The Richest Man in Babylon (George S. Clason)

Just For Me:
Much Ado About Nothing, Beautiful Stories from Shakespeare for Children (E. Nesbit)
Cultural Literacy (E.D. Hirsch, Jr.)
The Closing of the American Mind (Allan Bloom)
North and South (Gaskell) (finish!)
Anne of Green Gables (L.M. Montgomery)

Daily:
A Tale of Two Cities (Dickens) (at Dailylit.com) (finish!)
A Year With C.S. Lewis (continue)
Lord Bless My Child (William & Nancie Carmichael) (continue)
Bible

With Levi:
A Pioneer Sampler (Barbara Greenwood) (finish reading, do activities)
Pioneer Girl: The Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder (William Anderson)
Little House in the Big Woods (Laura Ingalls Wilder)
The Borrowers (Mary Norton)
The Moffats (Eleanor Estes)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a pretty intense list! No Beachy summer reads for you. . . .

Heidi said...

Grin. Actually, I love books like Cultural Literacy, so that will be a fun and easy one for me. Down the Garden Path is quite hilarious, I'm told. Anne of Green Gables will be a fun trip down memory lane.

We'll see. I've had a tough time getting my reading in lately. There's a good chance I won't make it to everything on my list. But I'll try! :)

Thanks for stopping by, Jennifer!