Pages

Monday, January 7, 2008

Seriously, Someone Please Stop Me

The snow started falling at our house after church yesterday.
Unfortunately it didn't stick around long enough for us to get lunch in our bellies and snow clothes on all three boys. We decided to ride off on a little adventure and found a delightful spot for playing in the snow about a half hour east of town. Perfect!



This was Leif's first real snow encounter:


And he wasn't so sure about the whole thing:



But Luke and Levi had no problems making themselves at home.






After playing the the snow for a while,
we were hungry and ready to stop by the local A&W:

I remember eating at A&W as a kid. Dad loved to take us to the one in our town before it closed down. The three of us girls fought over using the little black phone at the booth to call in our order. Leif might not have thoroughly appreciated the snow, but this boy always appreciates food:

These adorable little cars were the treasures in the kids' meals.
They have the A&W logo on their trunks:



Here I am, applying some serious determination to my routine, and I find a new obsession. (Or at least a new facet of an old obsession.) Not only that, but I have a plethora of things to post! I have my book list for 2008, our collection of words, someone to tag with a blessing, my list of favorite books, updates on my routine, and who knows what else. I'll post more photos, showing before editing and after. I have so much to learn!

On top of it all, I had to go and smash my finger in the car door Saturday. And it would be my camera and mouse clicking finger. Luckily, my best friend and nurse was available for a drive-by consultation. She thought that I probably didn't need stitches, but it would hurt like the dickens for a couple days. Yep. Not even that will stop me, apparently.

Honestly though, I'm giving this routine thing all I've got. The boys have been in bed early the last three nights. My bedside table is piled with books that I've started to enjoy after a dry spell with Christmas and birthday celebrations. Levi and I are diving into ancient history, beginning The Story of the World today.

In the spirit of being flexible, the boys were playing so nicely upstairs that I decided to let them have play time before read aloud time. That might work better anyway. Let them play until things start to fall apart, then divert their attention with some good books. But that means it's work time for me. I've bills to pay, thank you notes to finish, and a house to clean. The Christmas (um, er, well New Year's) cards are going out in the mail today. Groceries will have to wait until Levi is at Tae Kwon Do. See you on the other side!

1 comment:

grandma and grandpa said...

loved the pictures of the boys in the snow!! Next time, Leif will like it better for sure. Grandma