I suppose it is a bit about me every day on this blog, but I hope it is rarely all about me. Today, however, I feel somewhat justified considering it is a particularly 'me' day. I thought I would attempt a self-portrait for my 34th birthday.
What I realized is that I don't care for pictures of myself. I took about 100 (okay, maybe more) trying to get one I liked. (Maybe because this is my first try ever at a self-portrait?) This is what it came down to after playing around in Nikon Editor for a little while:
Maybe I'll turn one of these into my avatar. Votes for a favorite?
Today is a perfect day to play along with Sarah and complete my 7 Random Things About Me tag. If you just can't stand it and need more of me, check here (you'll have to scroll a bit) or here.
* Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
* Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
* Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I've watched every season of American Idol. Sad, but true. David Cook has been my top choice from the beginning of this season. He was absolutely, positively incredible last week. David A., Brooke, and Michael Johns round out my top 4. (Whispering... I also watch Dancing with the Stars. But don't tell anybody. It's embarassing.)
2. I love to sleep. I'd sleep 12 hours a day if I could. I miss my sleep.
3. I love living in the country, but when it comes right down to it, I'm not much of an outside person.
4. I could spend all day talking about personality styles. You might call it obsessive. I can peg people fairly quickly and accurately using the Myers Briggs system. Take a free online test here. I'd love to know what you all come up with. My favorite description of the personality styles is here. Conversations with my little sister often go something like this, 'Yeah, but that's the 'J' coming out in her,' or 'Well, if he wasn't such an 'E' we wouldn't have this problem.' I happen to be an ISFJ.
5. Speaking of personality styles, the ISFJ portrait here describes me in the following way: 'follows the rules, polite, fears drawing attention to self, dislikes competition, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, timid, dutiful, private, lower energy [laughing out loud, here...], finisher, organized, socially uncomfortable, modest, not confrontational, easily hurt, observer, prone to crying, not spontaneous, does not appreciate strangeness - intolerant to differences, apprehensive, clean, planner, prone to confusion, afraid of many things, responsible, guarded, avoidant, anxious, cautious, suspicious, more interested in relationships and family than intellectual pursuits, not adventurous, fears doing the wrong thing, dislikes change.' That about covers it. I think that counts as #6 and #7 as well. We're done here.
6. Didn't you read the description of me in #5? FOLLOWS THE RULES, DUTIFUL, FINISHER...
7. My daughter-in-law is going to hate me. When I hand Luke his clothes and tell him to get dressed, he bats his eyelashes at me and sweetly asks me to warm them in the dryer for him. I can't even described the power that little boy has over me. The good thing is that he is the same personality style as his Uncle Ben who would put his own clothes in the dryer along with his wife's and hand them to her warm along with a cup of Chai tea as she is slowly waking up in the morning. I think I am going to redirect Luke into warming my clothes in the morning. I bet he'd do it.
That's enough about me for another year. What would you like to talk about? If anyone wants to participate in the random things about me tag, feel free. I know I should follow the rules and tag 7 people, but I hate telling anyone what to do. Grin.