Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Outtakes and Extras

Taking photos of a two year-old is a terrific challenge. Particularly *my* two year olds, who don't happen to know what it means to sit still and look at me for two seconds. I've learned to take 300 pictures in the span of 5 minutes and hope for the best. Usually about 285 of those are blurry. The other 15 look something like this:

Let's make a silly face:

Let's get off the chair and move it around:


Ooh, a tractor!

Ooh, an airplane!
Peek-a-boo!
Yes, I know I'm cute.
That's it. I've had it. You're torturing me.
Let's practice our really fun 'NO!' face:
(I'm tellin' ya, you've got to imagine the 'NO' to go along with this one!)

But it is often the less than perfect pictures that capture my heart.
And at the very least, I've captured a moment in time that will never return.

10 comments:

Skeller said...

Ummm, does it make you feel any better (or just scare you??) that I get these same expressions and responses .... from my nearly 12yo son ?!?

Sooooo relating with this post!

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

Love this!! It is *so* true!! (My youngest is two, and I knew that 'no' face before I read the comment!) Isn't it so funny how kids of the same age go through the same phases, no matter where they are? :)

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

precious -- my friend and i always swap each others kids to take photos...they listen better to someone else. but great shots...

my5wolfcubs said...

My dh wonders why I have so many pictures in iPhoto...I see I am not alone. :)
Lee (from the WTM board)

Christina said...

I totally understand. He's still cute! :)

I had a tough time today with my 3yr old. She was tired of the camera. lol Check out my blog and you'll see.

Tabitha said...

Yeah. My boy had cut his first tooth and as we were toturing him, trying to get a picture of it protruding up through his gum, he was screaming and carrying on. So that's the picture I sent out for his big milestone!! One friend said, "Thank for that. I get tired of all the posed, perfect pictures." I would've been screaming if I'd have cut a tooth, too! And it captured him, like you said, in that moment in time, never to be retrieved again. So...I'm all about "real" pictures. How often are are kids just sitting and smiling at us, anyway??? That's not *them*. *Them* is moving the chair and pointing at airplanes!! :)
-Tab

Beth said...

"a moment in time that will never return"... that's something i'm pondering right now as my 5 year old, my oldest, my first, my baby is starting school. i know i'm not the first mom to have these anxious and overwhelming feelings nor will i be the last.... well, it sounds like i'm journaling! anyway, great post and as always great pics of your little man who will always be your baby! he's a cutie

Anonymous said...

I have a two year old as well... my photo album looks exactly like yours except there are pig-tails involved!

Jenny said...

The second last one would melt anyone's heart. It is adorable.

Aja Jenise said...

He is a scrumptiuous little thing isn't he? How tell me... HOW do you take 300 pictures in 5 minutes? I have got to know!! I am in desperate need of that skill...

Aja