Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thai Chicken Salad

I came across this recipe the other day and decided to give it a try. It looked interesting, but I wasn't sure I'd love it. I loved it. The dressing adds so much punch and flavor. The combination of the apples and red peppers was delicious and added a satisfactory crunch.

It would be simple to make a larger batch of the chicken mixture and toss it with the greens whenever you were in the mood for a salad over the course of a few days. It would also make a great potluck salad. Perfect for using up red peppers and apples in the late summer harvest!


Thai Chicken Salad

2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into short sticks
1 apple, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Honey Vinaigrette Dressing (recipe below)
Mixed greens
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds

Combine chicken, bell pepper, apple and cilantro in bowl. Pour Honey Vinaigrette Dressing over and toss well to combine. Spoon over greens on plates and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Makes 4 servings.

Honey Vinaigrette Dressing: Combine 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1/4 cup honey, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon yellow mustard in jar; shake to blend thoroughly. Makes 2/3 cup.

(I boiled a few frozen chicken breasts and then chopped them up. Easy and no thawing. I didn't have fresh cilantro on hand (for shame) so I used dried. I should have mixed the dried cilantro in with the dressing. I used mostly baby spinach leaves for greens.)

5 comments:

Precision Quality Laser said...

Yummmy! You find the best recipes :) Can't to wait to try it!

Thanks for sharing!

Renee said...

Heidi,
Just wanted to thank you. Last night I spent a good while looking through some of your old posts on how you teach art and music. I was a little stumped on music, and then just got caught up in all the great ideas! So thanks so much for the help!

Jennifer said...

Yum! I will definitely be trying this one soon.

Anonymous said...

Now that looks tasty... sounds like a wonderful dinner for these warm summer evenings. Thanks.

Donna Boucher said...

This sounds delicious.
Thanks for the recope.