Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Get In the Photo!

This one is for Donna over at Quiet Life. A while back, Donna challenged moms to get in the photo! She reminded us that we need to have pictures of ourselves even if we don't like what we see. Our kids already know what we look like. Grin. I felt properly chastised. I have very few pictures of myself with my boys. The few I have I don't care for.

Donna shared her photo strip from the booth at the mall. I can't tell you how many times the boys climb in the photo booth while we are on our way somewhere else, important, I'm sure. I grab them and drag them along, telling them to stop dawdling. After Donna's post I was determined to stop and actually get photos taken the next time we were at the mall.

Do you know how hard it is to get four people (particularly with three squirmy boys) stuffed in the photo booth, read the directions, have everyone show up in the picture, and get everyone (little boys, again) to look at the camera rather than the photo screen? I don't know what I pushed, but at some point the directions changed to Spanish, so all the count-downs were not in English. That was particularly humorous.

Any way you look at it, we made a memory. And it was fun. And we have something to show for it.

I'll be looking for more opportunities to Get In the Photo! with my boys.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea!

Luke Holzmann said...

Love the picture(s). And I can just imagine the hilarity that ensued when it changed to Spanish. [smile]

~Luke

TidyMom said...

What a cute idea!! - I have one of these hanging on my bulletin board from my honeymoon - 22+ years ago - I don't think I've done one since! LOL but the kids love to do them, so I'll have to remember to hop on in next time too!
Cute boys!!

~Tidymom

Unknown said...

Donna's post was a kick in the pants for me too. We goofed around on the front porch the other day with the timer and letting the kids take turns being photographers. It was crazy, and fun, and the pics will be treasured (by me).

Jennifer said...

Yes! I was recently at a funeral reception that had a slide show going filled with photos of this dear woman with her family. It struck me... I have got to start getting in photos!

Skeller said...

awwwww... what a swell idea! I bet your boys had a blast with that booth and YOU in it!! :-)

Donna Boucher said...

Yea! I love it! I am sure you can frame that little picture in a super creative way!!!

I love seeing you with your darling little boys!!!

Unknown said...

For the longest time I thought that you had long hair, but it blended in with your profile picture...now I know for sure! You obviously are a person who can wear short hair...love it! Great memories and pictures!

I rarely like pictures of myself and since I am the primary photographer, there are very few to choose from if I need a photo...I especially never choose photos of myself when I've tried short hair...doesn't work for me!

hannah m said...

I just adore your blog. You are so inspiring! I can't even remember how I found it, but I am so thankful I did!

Elise said...

I hear ya!!
Elise

spanki said...

heidi, you are so inspirational! you are right, i have never thought of it in that way... "your kids already know what you look like" duhhh, so why wouldn't i want to be in pics with them. i would love to have more of me and my mother! thanks for reminding us of such an important thing that is so simply fixed!!

Rhea said...

I love the pictures! And, I love getting photo booth pictures taken but don't do it enough. Great idea to get in more photos with the kids. I'm always taking the pictures, I know.