Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

Green Friday

My sister and I are starting a new tradition. Green Friday. A nature hike. Fresh air. Gathering treasures. For eating. For creating a festive home.

We each started out with a bucket or basket. Some gathered. Some played.
This hike is dotted with mossy foundations...all that remain of an old military camp. To Levi, they were castle ruins. He was a knight, Ilex a princess. He secured the strongholds and jousted with his lance/large stick.

I gathered.
The apples were in abundance and so colorful against the autumn backdrop.



Holly did her fair share of gathering, as well.

We ended up back at my sister's home to gather cedar and rose hips...
...While the boys continued to play.
I'm already looking forward to next year...

9 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love the picture with the boots..so cute!
-sandy toes

Ash said...

So wonderful!!

I LOVE the polka dotted boats. And the rose hips - lucky girl!

Skeller said...

And I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the gatherings! You will show us, won't you?!?

Your pictures, of course, are stunning. Those apples make the most amazing backdrop!

Unknown said...

spectacular. I LOVE the idea of Green Friday!!! We don't have Black Friday up here in Canada, but just the IDEA of it depresse and oppresses me. Green Friday on the other hand... I'm all over it!

You inspire me in so many ways.

Aja Jenise said...

AHHHH! This is precious... what a refreshing tradition to share. And so thrilled to see you a part of the vision as well. Cute hat lovey!! So what will you do with all your gathered treasures? Oh do tell!!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing such kind comments... coming from you-- they are savored sentiments. Thanks again... enjoy your holiday traditions.

Ruskin said...

What a wonderful tradition. The colours of thsoe apples are so striking.

Rhonda said...

I love your photos-the apple shots are especially gorgeous.
I enjoyed seeing your Norman Rockwell Thanksgiving also! :) It looks like you had a wonderful family gathering.

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

I always feel like I am looking at the "Better Homes and Gardens" when I come to your blog.

Thanks for the "Hearthsong" info. I love that site.

Lora @ my blessed life said...

What a great new tradition! Your pics are gorgeous, too. And I loved your Thanksgiving Day post~what a perfect day with your family.