Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Frivolous

I'm looking forward to digging into all of the great questions you've given me to think about! I noticed that not one of you asked a frivolous question, so I thought I would borrow this list from Prairie Chick's blog and give it a go. (Unfortunately, it is not nearly so fascinating as her list in this post, but...) I'll start on my long list of answers for you on Monday!

(Feel free to play along, as always! Leave me a comment to let me know you've posted your list.)

(Items in blue are ones that I have done. Items with an * are ones on the 'to-do in my lifetime' list.)

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars (I think...)
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii*
5. Watched a meteor shower* (have I?)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity*
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis (probably)
10. Sang a solo (unfortunately)
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea (no, thanks)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (does photography count?)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (no, but I stood next to it!)
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort*
25. Held a lamb (We adopted 5 bummer lambs when I was a kid and fed them from bottles. I've also seen one being born!)
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon (I'd die.)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice* (no, but I'm hoping to ride in a gondola next month in Vegas!)
29. Seen a total eclipse* (?)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors * (Scotland would be lovely!)
35. Seen an Amish community*
36. Taught yourself a new language* (Dabbled in French and Spanish, now I'm working on Latin...)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person*
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David*
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant*
44. Visited Africa*
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight* (have I?)
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person*
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris (well, not the *very* top)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater

55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China*
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia*
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (no, eaten a few, though)
62. Gone whale watching*
63. Gotten flowers for no reason* (have I?)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma* (I need to!)
65. Gone sky diving*
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp*
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter*
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (my Dad does all the saving for me)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt* (on the to-do list)
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London*
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle*
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book*
81. Visited the Vatican*
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem*
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible* (working on it)
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (does fish count? then, yes)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury*
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club

93. Lost a loved one (not other than elderly grandparents)
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person*
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake (saw it, but didn't go swimming)
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee (is there anyone who hasn't?!)

13 comments:

SuperMomto3 said...

I'd think that the "total eclipse" that you have a ? next to is when the moon blocks the sun for a moment as they pass each other. I don't know how often it happens but I remember at one time seeing it...it's kinda neat. Love the list. Do you want our responses too?? :)
Lisa

Heidi said...

I guess I was partially wondering if I had ever seen a total eclipse? Hmmm. Yes, please share your responses!!

Christi said...

This is a great list!

Jenny said...

I have posted mine Heidi.

And... I have never been stung by a bee!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe skinny dipping isn't on your list of things-to-do in your lifetime! ;)

(Just kidding, of course)

Amy Jones

Unknown said...

I laughed at your comment about the bees at the end, because I am totally perplexed by the "watched a sunrise or a sunset".... I guess if you live in the city you don't have full access to them like we do out here in the boondocks. There's no escaping them here, you can't NOT see them. Thankfully.

Laurel said...

Heidi - I just posted mine:). I made a great list when I turned 30 of 30 things I wanted to do that year. They had to be achievable and not too "grand" but it was really fun to tick them off my list all year.

Thanks for another fun thing to ponder:).

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

I've joined you in being frivolous!

Anonymous said...

I loved the comment by Praire Chick...it reminds me of how far and wide this country/world is. For me, sunrise/sunsets are moments cherished mainly on vacations. I lived in NY most of my life and most recently NJ and unless I am down by the beach or any other waterways, we only can see the sunrise/sets behind trees. I could only dream of seeing an unobstructed sunset every day!
Lisa

SuperMomto3 said...

I posted mine!

Anonymous said...

Love your list! I'm going to post mine on my blog. Thank you for sharing your heart and life with us.
--Angela

carole said...

Played along.

jillian said...

Heidi- i just posted mine. what a great list! also, thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. you are so insightful and i am learning so much.