Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Greek to Me

The boys sadly missed dressing up in costumes when we were in California at the end of October. I thought we could sneak in a few togas for Levi's birthday party instead. They couldn't decide whether they wanted to be Spartan soldiers or citizens of Athens, so we mixed it up a little. (They discarded the armor and weapons for the photo.)

Ilex always throws herself whole-heartedly into occasions such as this. She joined the boys in her toga, helped make the wreathes for their heads, and illustrated Levi's birthday card. (Aunt Shannon, Ilex's 'twin', also arrived in a toga. Have I mentioned what a cool family I have?)
On the Menu:
Hummus and Pita Chips
Greek Breads (flat bread, olive bread, etc...)
Olive Oil (for dipping)
Sliced Meat and Cheeses
Spanakopita (phyllo with spinach and feta)
Olives
Stuffed Dates
Parthenon Cake


I can't believe I have a 7 year-old!

7 comments:

carole said...

Happy Birthday, Levi! Seven is so
Big!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

What a fun party!!

Ruth said...

What a great idea! That must have been so much fun, and everybody got involved! You do indeed have a cool family!

Darcy @ m3b said...

Happy birthday, handsome boy!

I'm with ya' on the "can't believe it" part. I've got one turning 9 this year. Nine! How did that happen?!

Christi said...

What a fun party!

My youngest turned 4 a few days ago, and my oldest will be 6 in a couple of weeks. I can't believe it either!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very creative!
-sandy toes

Ash said...

Oh what fun!! You're a great Mama.