Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Going Green




It is a week of green at i heart faces in honor of St. Patrick's Day.




The above photo of Luke is my choice for the kids' category. It is pure drama: the emotion, the backdrop, the contrast, and the processing. It is one of my favorite photos, partly because it departs from my usual M.O.

The photo below of my niece, Ilex, is my choice for the adults' category. Yes, I know, she isn't technically an adult yet, but I loved this grown-up portrait that captures her vibrance. The vivid greens in the background complement her gorgeous green eyes. The slight red tint to her hair adds to the Irish flavor. Perfect for a St. Patrick's Day tribute.





A beam of Sun is teasing my eyes

To make them open

Through the window, green, everywhere.

Green grass, green trees, green heights

Flaming the early Spring landscape.


Some bright dots of yellow overthere,

The shy rose buds softening the air,

Here and there, poppies-like red patches

And above, the blue hat of the sky.


Green, playing with the lights of wonder

Green grinning, conductor of colours,

Green spreading, to awaken the details


And left dark tones weeping in the corner...


Green, such a wonderful Spring painter.


~French Tries

31 comments:

Skeller said...

Your green Luke cracks me up!!! And your "green" niece is truly beautiful.
And your new header? Totally LOVELY. I just adore how you're infusing your new "theme"/lifestyle into your blog space. :-)

Donna said...

I love your green Luke too! He looks mad. Maybe he's green with envy over something? ;)

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Melinda said...

Beautiful photos as always. The green Luke is very creative.

Shae said...

I love green luke. it is so dramatic.

Lara said...

They're both great. I love the creativity on the first one and your niece is just gorgeous!

ShEiLa said...

I really like both of your photos.

Emotion is so evident in both photos each makes me feel different.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Tonkamom said...

HAHA! The first one sure is priceless! Your adult entry is gorgeous, also :)

Unknown said...

Green eyes are my favorite! Really lovely entries!

Lisa@saltandlightstudio said...

They are both FAB!

Love the processing on your kids entry.

BlogBaby

Keri said...

Awe, such a face on the little guy. Second entry is b.e.a.utiful. Love her eyes.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the first pic! Great job!!

tiarastantrums said...

first shot - a classic

Mireille said...

You can feel the emotion, great shot!!

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Both beautiful, amazing and inspiring, in their own rights!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful green eyes.

Anonymous said...

I love both of these. I like how the tinting on your kids entry enhances the emotion of the picture.

Jo said...

Beautiful!

Katarina said...

I love the green kids shot. It's GREAT!! I love his facial expression. Nicely done.

heidiannie said...

I like the angst of your son's picture- the green tint amplifies the emotion. And the lovely green eyes are complemented by the background green in the adult pic. Beautiful.

DawnS said...

Both great entries! I love the drama and emotion of your son's picture!

Crystal said...

Both photos turned out great!!! You are gifted : ) Blessings to you~

Unknown said...

Two beautiful photos! I love them!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Beautiful photos Heidi! I think your niece fits into the Adult category perfectly...she looks so grown up in that capture.

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces

rachel said...

oh my gosh - that first picture is priceless!!

Josie said...

two great shots!!

Anonymous said...

the one of luke looks like an old U2 ad! good job and very creative :)

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

These are both so beautiful. Your niece has amazing eyes.

Amanda said...

love the pics!

~*♥Verja♥*~ said...

I love the adult entry...So IRISH! :)
The kid's entry is very adorable...Love that pitiful little face...:(

Great! I Love IT!

TJ said...

You had me laughing!
Your colors are so wonderful for the girl photo.
Thanks for letting me visit.
I wiped my shoes before I came in!
TJ
Here is mine:
http://tjphotoexpressions.blogspot.com/2009/03/mini-road-trip.html

Through My Own Lens said...

Great job this week!