Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sisters

Sisters


March is a favorite month around these parts. It means Spring and Birthdays. I loved sharing a birthday month with my two sisters growing up. It just meant we partied all month long! Mom and Dad were terrific at letting us each have our own moment, but it is a little harder to have three separate parties now that we're grown and have families (and schedules) of our own.

This year, Mom and Dad went all out and had us all over for a delicious spread, topped off with Irish Cream Cake. We decided to take advantage of the weather and the fact that we were all in the same place at once. Picture time!

How lucky am I to have two sisters for best friends? Not to mention they both live only 15 minutes away! We get awfully silly when we are together...

Silly Sisters

Mix a little foolishness
with your serious plans;
it's lovely to be silly
at the right moment.

~ Horace (Ancient Roman Poet, 65 BC - 8 BC)

Silly Sisters 2

My birthday isn't for a little while yet (it was always hard to wait until the last day of the month), but Mom has been posting vintage pictures of the three of us girls on her blog, Treading on Moss. This week is my turn. Hmmm. I wonder what she'll come up with...

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I wish that I lived even remotely near my sister. I'm in Alaska and she's in Montana, so we haven't seen each other in almost 2 years :(

Heasleye said...

Oh my goodness! How adorable are you three?! You are blessed, indeed. Happy Birthday, a bit early! :)

Skeller said...

Oh! These sister pictures are totally precious. Now, I'm going to go wallow in pity that I don't have a sister ... ;-)

happy bday month to you all!

Anonymous said...

lucky you - having sisters so close and to be friends on top of that : )

Renee said...

I have always wanted a sister. Looks like SO much fun!! You are all beautiful!

Sarah said...

How lucky! Speaking as an only child. You are blessed, many times over it would seem.

I always wanted a sister.

By the way checked out your mom's blog. That photo of her with Holly was beautiful & so sweet. She was & I'm sure still is very beautiful

Unknown said...

How beautiful you three are!

Anonymous said...

What a great trio of beauties! Happy birthday to each of you...
~Tera

Crystal said...

What Beautiful sisters! Aren't sisters just the best?! Blessings to you~