Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hello, Gorgeous!

Holly Polaroid

If anyone has wondered where Ilex gets her beauty, look no further. Meet Holly, my 'big' sister. (She just happens to be half my size...) Holly needed a new profile picture for her facebook page. I don't need to be asked twice. I took about seventy pictures, deleted only about 3, and had an impossible time deciding between the remaining 67. I had to share a few, of course.

Gorgeous

Holly is super-mom to three great kids. She lives in a beautiful old family farm house in the country. She cooks. She gardens. She homeschools. She does day-care in her home. She makes her home lovely. I don't think she sleeps much.

Holly 37

I almost didn't know what to do with an adult who stood or sat where I told her, managed to remain still and look in a specific direction, and could smile or look serious when asked.

I'm loving this photographer gig! Anyone (in my geographical vicinity) need a profile photo or portrait?

Holly

16 comments:

Angel said...

If you want to come to WA I could really use a few pics of me on facebook!

you can add me if you want too
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=739447714&ref=name

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Beautiful photos and beautiful sister, Heidi!

Tammy

Mrs. E. said...

THose beautiful blue eyes must run in the family!
Stunning photos!

Skeller said...

Wow. Great work, Heidi!!! How is Holly ever going to choose just one for her profile?!?

Unknown said...

I do! I'm in Hillsboro.

Diana said...

Great pix! I, too, am 37, but I know that there aren't any pictures that good of me floating around! My facebook shot is a windblown one from Nye Beach on Good Friday...

So just where in the Willamette Valley are you? We're in Corvallis :)

heather said...

Great photos you two!

Sandy said...

Hello Heidi,
If you were serious I would definately be interested in you taking my pic. I think I live nearby, in Jefferson. Let me know.

Heidi said...

Angel~ Sent friend request. :)

Brenna, Diana, & Sandy~ I'm in Albany. I think we can work something out. :) I'll try to contact you after I get through the weekend...

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone!

Diana said...

Albany! Wow, you're right next door!

Awesome, by the way...

Heidi said...

Diana~ I don't have a way to contact you... would you mind emailing me at heidi (at) poetsgarden (dot) com.

Laurel said...

She looks 17 not 37! All those gorgeous blue eyes in your family:). Really lovely!

Anonymous said...

Tera would love to set something up :)

Heidi said...

Tera~ You're on my list. :) Besides, we need to meet up anyway, right?!

TSHAA said...

Gorgeous pics! I just love visiting your blog to see what you've come up with next! Your work is amazing and Holly is beautiful!

Kara said...

I stumbled upon your blog a while back and come back on occasion to "visit". I love the inspiration I get from blogs like yours....other mothers with a creative passion, and a love for their fmailies. Thanks for sharing! ...oh and if you find yourself here in Canada, I could really use some photos too ;-)