Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

Photo Fix

2009Grad


I was planning on participating in fix-it friday at i heart faces, but I just wasn't feeling the photo they offered this week. Then I had an unexpected opportunity to spruce up the following graduation photo. I jumped at the chance. It has terrific basics: a beautiful girl, color, and good focus and exposure:
I started in photoshop where I brightened her eyes (PW's Sharpen This and Bring on the Eyes), lightened up the shadows under her eyes (TRA's Yin/Yang), ran a little Claire-ify and Smooth-O-Matic (TRA, again), and warmed it up a bit.

Then I headed over to Picnik, where I rotated/cropped, added more warm tones, used the clone tool to remove her foot in the background and add some grass to the top of the photo, reduced shine on her knuckes and temple, whitened her teeth a little (didn't want them warmed up with her complexion...), played around just a little in curves, and finished it off with a vignette:


For the top photo, I cropped, sharpened, and added a frame and text. (I tried to remember the steps I took, but I'm probably missing something...) I'm so excited by the finished product!

9 comments:

Skeller said...

WOW!!! You made a good photo AWESOME! I bet she's going to love it!

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

WOW! Fantastic! Wish I could send my son to you for his senior pics!

Mrs. E. said...

Spectacular!! You did an awesome job editing. What a beautiful young lady. I love photo editing too.

Heather

K-Sue said...

Beautiful! Thanks for explaining some of those steps - some I haven't done before. It would be hard to go wrong with such a pretty young lady.

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Yes, you did a wonder to the picture. How cool is that program.

Shell in your Pocket said...

What beautiful eyes!
sandy toe

Mon Cheri said...

YOU HAD A GREAT PHOTO TO WORK WITH!
but also instructive to show what can and should be done with editing programs. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow hard to believe it's the same pic!

Expat Mom said...

Looks great! I love seeing how you`ve done your photos up, it`s fascinating. I recently downloaded the Pioneer Woman`s actions (the other sets are a little out of my budget for now) and have been playing around with them. They are AWESOME! Especially Bring on the Eyes.