Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Little Dorrit


Russ and I just finished the last episode (well, the last four episodes on the fourth disc) of the series Little Dorrit.
We were both mesmerized. Dickens paints his characters with a masterful stroke,
and the actors brought them to vivid life in this BBC production ~ exceedingly eccentric, endearing, or infuriating.
Romance, secrets, intrigue, complex plot, fascinating costumes and setting, and a satisfying ending.
I couldn't ask for more. Perfect viewing for October. It felt like a Halloween version of Pride and Prejudice. Grin.




11 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for this. just added it to my netflix!

~beautyandjoy~ said...

I'm getting lots of great recommendations from you - Chasing Vermeer is here for special reading next week with a visiting Auntie. Keep telling us! I am grateful. :)

Crystal said...

I loved Little Dorrit as well!!!! I love how Dickens has flawed Characters and touches on real life issues. Little Dorrit is a great example of a gentle quiet spirit : )

Mumsy said...

One of my very favorites. I am hoping I get it for Christmas from my hubby. Then I could watch it every single day.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh I saw it on PBS and I loved it too. I had never heard of it before so was completely hooked to see what would happen next. What a great idea to get it on DVD.

Elena_Valeriote said...

Looks wonderful! I added the movie and the book to my library must-check-outs!

Jennifer said...

I loved this one too!! I added it to my DVD collection, because I knew I'd want to watch it again :)

Molly Anne said...

I love Dickens I'll have to give this a watch!

nanajoy said...

Oh thanks so much Heidi for a great new movie suggestion!! Sounds like it will be a winner! See you next week!

Beth said...

Your review intrigued me. I've started watching this. Definitely a "Halloween version of Pride and Prejudice"!!!

Heasleye said...

We just finished this last night and loved it! The entire cast did such an amazing job! Two thumbs up from us!

Elaine