Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Field Trip #17: Swing Kings

Field Trip: Ballet


A nearby performing arts center offers educational performances of selected ballets. Many school classes attend, and the Hult Center reserves the box seats for homeschoolers. Tickets are only $5! Last spring, Levi and I attended Peter Pan with our best friends.

We were so disappointed that the performance for Beauty and the Beast was cancelled this past fall due to scheduling conflicts, so we had months of anticipation leading up to Swing Kings. It was fabulous, upbeat, and comical. And only 45 minutes long...perfect for the 4 young children along. This was Luke's first taste of a ballet performance, and he declared he loved it.

6 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! And, I'm thinking the music was swell too!

Janna said...

oh fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh, looks and sounds lovely! Thanks for sharing! How are you feeling? Just checking :) Had 5th chemo today (0ut of 6) Yeah! Happy Weekend! ~Connie in Tualatin

Susan said...

You changed your blog. I like it. I seriously need to pay more attention to what goes on at the Hult Center.

amy in peru said...

I'm so going to look into that when we're in OR next year! yay!

thanks!

amy in peru

http://fisheracademy.blogspot.com

julie said...

Oh, I wish our university did that! My littler little LOVES ballet, but even a ballet-obsessed three-year-old only loves just so many minutes of the Nutcracker that her mother spent a good bit of the family's December budget on tickets to. I wish I didn't have to be so selective about what to purchase tickets to. The student performances, of course, are free, and I'm sure they're wonderful, but I was warped by this really bad 1980s movie about a ballet school into thinking that all student-choreographed dance consists of teenagers miming sex on a big four-poster rolled out into the middle of the stage.