Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Sentence Diagramming Challenge ~ Take 2

rd

Hannah and I have a new sentence diagramming challenge we are working on. Care to join us? Think of it as my Mother’s Day gift to all of you (who happen to be mothers…). I know, I know. How did I know that was just what you always wanted?!

I’ll even give you three sentences from which to choose to choose from, because I’m generous like that. They all come from The Reluctant Dragon by Kenneth Grahame.

Feel free to play along at home. Even if you are just giving it your best shot. It isn’t against the rules (wait, there are no rules!) to check out diagramming instructions in a book or online (like here). That’s how we learn stuff. {grin} If you are willing to share, send me a picture of your diagram and let me know if I can post it. I’ll post mine (which may or likely may not be entirely correct) on Tuesday to give everyone a chance to try it first.

Sentence #1: “The view from that point was a magnificent one.”

Sentence #2: “St. George lowered his spear, bent his head, dug his heels into his horse’s sides, and came thundering over the turf.”

Sentence #3: I’m going into Society, I am, through the kindly aid of our friend here, who’s taking such a lot of trouble on my account; and you’ll find I’ve got all the qualities to endear me to people who entertain!”

ETA: Pictures and results at this link.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I haven't had much time at the computer lately, so I'm just getting caught up on my blog reading and didn't see the latest challenge until now. I quickly sketched out the first two (and most of the third) while my kids worked on their science notebooks. I don't think I have ever diagrammed contractions, so I'm eager to see how you do that. I'll send my answers in next time!