Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

And the Winner Is…

I did one of those Random Number Generator things, but I’m not smart enough to figure out how to post a picture of it on my blog (which is one of many reasons why I still have this simple personal blog and not a high-profile blog, ha!). I came up with number 17, and if I counted correctly, the winner is Susan!

“I just went to my old blog at homeschool blogger. I couldn't remember when I started blogging. October 2005. Over 7 years. My kids were 4, 7 and 8. Wow! they are now 11, 14, 15. Pre, 2nd and 3rd grade to 5th, 8th and 10th. I'm just floored thinking about it. Lets see how long ago did you take my photos. I think I found Poets Garden first and then learned about Mt Hope from your mom. All in the same year or pretty close. Nope-I went to poets garden with a friend for my birthday one year (may) and then the following may you took my photos. I just don't know what year that was. I still have a 16x20 bw of me in the trees in my room. Let me know if you remember.”

Susan, I searched my blog, and we did your pictures four years ago, waaaay back in May of 2009. We’ve both come a long way since then, haven’t we? (And how is it that we haven’t gotten together since then?!)

Susan @ Poet's

I loved Susan’s family blog, From the Narrows. One of my favorite blog posts of hers was Little House—River Crossing. I remember reminiscing about my own childhood with two sisters (and a log cabin playhouse made by my dad!) and being a little wistful that I didn’t have girls to wear prairie dresses. [grin] Susan’s current blog, Lily Fields, showcases her gorgeous photography.

Readers, friends, your kind comments have been read and re-read. I started this blog for my own record, but knowing that I can encourage or inspire others has kept me going these six years. Your sweet words have brightened my gray February. Thank you so much!!

I’m amazed at how many of you have been reading for years. The pre-Lola and post-Lola divide cracked me up. But I realized that I found out I was pregnant with her at the three year mark—exactly half-way through this blogging adventure.

Thank you, again, for being part of the lovely at Mt. Hope Chronicles!!

Here’s to another six years and more!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you for the trip down memory lane! And for the gift card...now what to choose?

The Hayes Zoo said...

FUN!!! Congrats to you Susan.

How interesting that *she* won and that you posted a picture. I remember commenting, drooling, and begging for 'Where did she get that shirt?!?!?!?!' answers when you posted these pictures. :)

Was there one in the middle of a road or something?