Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

In a Perfect World

 

Feel free to laugh. I did.

 

MONDAY

6 am Alarm goes off. I give myself 9 more minutes to get used to the new day/week from the comfort of bed.

6:10 Up, bed made, and in the shower. (Clothes laid out the night before.)

6:30 Reboot laundry then quiet time in my beautiful, quiet, clean house. Sipping tea made night before.

7 am Wake boys. Finish getting ready while they make beds, get dressed (clothes laid out the night before), feed fish, and use bathroom.

7:20 Wake Lola. Put on Bible memory CD and head to kitchen to make breakfast.

7:30 Kids in kitchen helping with breakfast and assigned dishwasher. Eggs, sausage, toast, OJ.

7:45 Latin prayer. Eat. Each boy clears place. One assigned clearing the rest. One assigned washing dishes.

8:15 Gather snacks, lunches, and water bottles (mostly prepared night before). Make sure kitchen is clean!

8:30 Brush teeth. I get Lola dressed. Quick bathroom wipe-down.

8:45 Everyone carry load of school stuff to truck and off to CC, cheerfully. (Worship music in car.)

9:10 Morning assembly.

9:30 Morning classes. Lola in nursery. (Memory work, public speaking, fine arts, and science experiment/project.)

12:00 Lunch with friends. Lola heads home with Bambi for the afternoon.

1 pm Essentials for Levi and Luke (and me). Play camp and choir for Leif.

3:30-4:30 pm Choir for Luke and Levi. Errands (groceries and library) for Leif and me.

4:45 pm Pick up Lola. Home for easy, fast dinner.

6 pm Archery. (CD in car.)

8:00 Home. Pick up/clean house. Ready for bed.

8:30 Quiet reading in bed. I read to Lola and put her down.

9 pm Lights out for kids. I work out with video.

9:45 pm Email and blogging. Check calendar for next day and week.

10:30 Reading.

11:00 Lights out.

TUESDAY—THURSDAY

6 am Alarm.

6:10 Up, bed made, and in the shower.

6:30 Reboot laundry then quiet time in my beautiful, quiet, clean house. Sipping tea made night before.

7 am Wake boys. Finish getting ready while they make beds, get dressed, feed fish, and use bathroom.

7:15 Lola up. Make breakfast. (Boys helping, empty dishwasher.) Classical music playing through breakfast.

7:30 Latin prayer. Breakfast.

7:45 Assigned kitchen chores. Brush teeth. I get Lola dressed and leave her upstairs to play. (ha!)

8 am Levi and Luke alternate piano/music theory and math. Leif reads aloud to me for a few minutes, works on Song School Latin and Grammar Island, and then plays with Lola while I quickly prep for our day.

(Wednesday: Lola at Bambi’s/Aunt Shan’s from 9-3:30ish?)

9 am Sing hymn together. Bible memory work (CC and The Heavens Declare). Read Telling God’s Story.

9:20 Down to studio. Review memory work (CC and Poetry).

9:50 Spelling with Levi and Luke. Leif Spanish on computer. (Lola crafts, playdough, etc.)

10:10 Spelling with Leif. Spanish for Levi and Luke on computer.

10:25 Geography (CC and workbooks).

10:40 Break. (run around, veggie snack)

11 am Latin. (Leif does math independently.) (Video on iPad for Lola.)

11:30 Grammar. (Leif plays with Lola.)

12 pm Lunch, everyone help with clean up, and then recess. Read to Lola and put her down for nap or quiet time.

1 pm Writing with Levi and Luke. (Leif free time.)

2 pm History.

3 pm Recess.

3:15 Snack.

3:30 Levi and Luke leave for swim practice with Dad. (audio CDs for car, assigned reading)

(Errands, email, meal planning, laundry, blogging, lesson prep, chores, etc. for me.)

(5:00 Dinner prep. Leif sets table.)

6:30 Boys home from swim.

6:40 Candle-light dinner. Family Devotions. Everyone helps with clean-up.

Tuesday and Friday:

7:30 Bed prep (baths for Lola and Leif). Classical music playing.

8 pm Read-aloud.

8:30 Quiet reading in bed. I read to Lola and put her down.

9 pm Lights out. I work out with video.

9:45 pm Email and blogging. Check calendar for next day and week.

10:30 Reading.

11:00 Lights out.

Wednesday:

8pm All kids in bed. Date night in for Russ and me (maybe out once a month).

Thursday:

7pm Book clubs or football games.

FRIDAY

Math. Math games. Logic puzzles. Typing practice. Make up work that didn’t happen during week. Work on presentations for CC. Get everything ready and organized for CC on Monday. Finish music theory homework for choir. Finish papers for Essentials. House chores. Flex day for field trips (do a full day of school if we had field trip earlier in week). Baking/tea parties. Assigned reading. Free reading. Swim practice. La Clase Divertida Spanish DVD lesson. Science videos. Family game night after dinner. Independent work. Blogging. Lesson prep.

What did I forget?

 

I need a new me.

4 comments:

Barb said...

My schedule is so similar. The thought of it all exhausts me with a 7, 6, 4 & 5mo old.

Lindsay said...

I love your scheduling posts! I have similar academic/esthetic preferences for my homeschooling, so I benefit from seeing how it works out in your daily routine.

Thank you for the details, the honesty, and the ideas!

carrie said...

LOL! I have the same desires for our schedule, especially the assigned helper, family devotions, candle light dinner, worship music playing, classical music playing, and young preschooler who cooperates with schedule.

I'm almost ready to face the reality that the me that can do this is a figment of my imagination......but not quite, I still believe in miracles! ;)

Danielle said...

I think the best thing about this schedule is that you've put in there all the things that matter to you, or a good number of them. Like date night in! I have been thinking, yeah, we should do that, but putting it on the schedule means you probably will eventually make it sort of happen. Which is, of course, better than never. :) I love all your little touches, the music, etc. So smart to have them all laid out as goals. Now, just serve it all with a healthy helping of GRACE! Thanks for sharing!