Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Wednesday

Encouragement

:: Whose team are you on? @ The Art of Simple (Excellent advice for those of us reaching toward goals!)

“We’ve bought in to the belief somewhere along the line that our days are actually in competition with each other. That we get to measure the goodness and success of our current day only against our yesterday, or the day before, or last Thursday.”

Creative Inspiration

::  Dad dresses up daughter for famous art portraits. (Gorgeous. Adorable. Fantastic.)

::  Russian Mother Takes Magical Pictures of Her Two Kids With Animals On Her Farm. (Exquisite!)

::  A shy photographer gets creative with self portraits. (What an imagination!)

Cosmic Order

::  From Gilead by Marilynne Robinson

“Theologians talk about a prevenient grace that precedes grace itself and allows us to accept it. I think there must also be a prevenient courage that allows us to be brave—that is, to acknowledge that there is more beauty than our eyes can bear, that precious things have been put into our hands and to do nothing to honor them is to do great harm. And therefore, this courage allows us, as the old men said, to make ourselves useful. It allows us to be generous, which is another way of saying exactly the same thing.”

Hangnails

Up early. Quiet time. Filled out my SPS.

Bonus: I must keep my desk cleared to fill out my SPS, and I have to write the date each day. Now I’m not so completely lost in the flow of time.

I got a few things done on my to-do list. I worked most of the day on lessons with the boys. Levi made incredible, creative progress on his story today. Luke and I made progress, as well. The boys did a little archery for recess.

We were out the door shortly after 3pm, headed to the library. Then the grocery store (and snack). Then swim practice for Levi in the next town over (while the rest of us killed time in the truck, reading, mostly—except for Lola who was causing all sorts of mayhem). Then swim practice for Luke. Then back close to our house to drop off Leif at AWANAS. Then back to pick up Luke (and Levi, who had stayed to help) at the pool. (The boys swim in the town just east of us, about a 15-20 minute drive from our house.) Lola and I watched them swim for a few minutes. Then we waited in the truck while the boys showered and dressed. Then home by 7:30. Whew. More food. Bedtime routine (I use the term “routine” quite loosely). A friend brought Leif home close to 9pm. Lights out for everyone shortly thereafter. Big sigh. (Broke up a dispute at 9:45. It might be a rough day tomorrow…)

I’m feeling much better today. Cold is abating. Headache is a mere shadow. I ate well. Eggs/sausage/kale for breakfast. Leftover loaded bun-less burger for lunch. A bit of stir-fry from the store late afternoon. A banana. And I may or may not be eating one of these as I blog.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I've had one of those twice this week. Delicious!