Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

My New Year’s Boy

[I’m a little late posting about Levi’s birthday, but it’s been a tough few weeks with sickness around these parts. It seems appropriate to give Levi a belated birthday post on J.R.R. Tolkien’s birthday, however.]

Twelve years ago he was born just six minutes past midnight on New Year’s Day. And he’s been a party ever since!

It shocks me that he had just turned five years old when I started this blog. Just for kicks, let’s go on a trip down memory lane:

Zero to Five

Five

When he was five and a half, I described him like this:

Levi (5) is the most talkative child I have ever had the privilege to be around. He loves to ask questions, encourage, negotiate, argue, convince, explain, and any other activity that uses words. He exudes enthusiasm. He is imaginative, energetic, exhausting, full of verve, and a bit of a drama king. He is interested in everything. He is constantly in motion, although he has an amazing attention span when listening to books or stories, or watching a movie. Nothing gets by him unnoticed. He loves people. Anyone. Any age. No one is a stranger. Everyone is invited to our house. He has already given them directions and told them our phone number. He thinks out-of-the-box. He is non-sequential. He cannot follow directions. His way is always better. He has the most infectious grin. I will be a lucky mom when Levi can read chapter books on his own. I could spend all my days reading and engaging in deep conversations with this guy.”

Five (and 3/4, with his brothers)

Six

Six and 3/4

Seven

Seven and a 1/2 (with his brothers, but I adore this picture of him!)

Eight (and his book list from the previous year, when his reading exploded)

Eight and a 1/2 (with his brothers)

Nine (and his book list from the previous year)

Nine and a 1/4

Ten

Eleven (and Eleven)

Levi the ENFP at almost twelve

Levitical Sayings (term coined by my grandpa, a collection of the interesting things Levi says)

 

2 comments:

Hannah said...

So did you read your description of him at 5.5 and get chills because he was so much like the person he is today? I bet you felt like you could write that description of him at any age and have it be true! :-) Love the photo, by the way. It truly is worth a thousand words about Levi!

Heidi said...

It was crazy, Hannah. He hasn't changed a bit. ;)