Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Birthdays and Boys and Summer Fun

Img2014-05-31_0036f

I’m trying not to sweat the fact that I didn’t get Luke’s birthday pictures posted back at the end of May and that I didn’t take a single picture at Leif’s birthday party on Saturday. And that I have summer fun pictures that I haven’t yet posted. C’est la vie.

These boys were 2 years old and 6 months old when I started my blog. I still can’t fathom that.

Img2014-08-18_0018fpm 

Luke’s birthday kicks off our summer at the end of May, and Leif’s birthday wraps it up on August 18th. Somehow, I’m never ready for either birthday. Leif has gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to parties the past couple (or more?) years, so I wanted to do something fun for him this year. We had a big BBQ with friends, feasted at a build-your-own ice cream sundae bar, and watched an outdoor movie (The Lego Movie) from lawn chairs when it got dark. Lots of fun—no pictures.

I do have pictures of Luke’s birthday that I never posted, though, so maybe I’ll share those. We spent the evening in the garden at my parents’/sister’s house, playing games and making s’mores. I asked Luke what he wanted for dessert and he said rice krispie treats and red vines, so this was his cake.

Happy BirthdayImg2014-05-31_0035fImg2014-05-31_0019fImg2014-05-31_0068f

My little boys are now 8, 10, and 12.

The Boys

But there is never a dull day around here, as you well might imagine.

Img2014-08-18_0007fpm

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have not checked out your wonderful blog in awhile, but just logged on and saw your 12-year old's wonderful hair! It made me smile! Be sure and tell him it looks great! I have a 12 year old son also...what a wonderful time....and also a challenging time!