Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Read-Aloud Revival ~ Chatting with Sarah About Books!

10

Many of you are already familiar with Sarah Mackenzie and her gorgeous blog, Amongst Lovely Things. She is also one of the founding members of Schole Sisters, a lovely community of classically homeschooling mothers, and the author of Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler’s Guide to Unshakable Peace, which includes audio conversations with Andrew Kern and others.

Sarah has also started a Read-Aloud Revival podcast with guests such as Andrew Pudewa, Jim Weiss, Tsh Oxenreider, Adam Andrews (author of Teaching the Classics), and Lawrence Goldstone (author of Deconstructing Penguins).

I was deeply honored (and a tiny bit overwhelmed and intimidated by the company!) when Sarah asked me if I would be willing to participate in her podcast. You all know I can’t turn down a chance to talk about books!

Please head over to Sarah’s blog to listen and say hello!

For those of you here from Amongst Lovely Things, Welcome! If you are looking for my Book Detectives posts, you will find them at this link.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did great! I really enjoyed your podcast with Sarah. Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful ideas, insights, and resources.

Blessings,
RMann

Jill Foley said...

I loved this podcast. When I came to visit your blog to learn more about starting a book club with my girls and other homeschoolers, I realized you live near me. I'm not sure exactly how close, but I'm in Troutdale. I noticed in one of your posts that you recently stayed at Edgefield. Anyway, it would be cool if we could meet someday.

Heidi said...

Jill, thanks for introducing yourself! :) We live south of you in Albany, but I have another online friend who lives in Troutdale and I've been meaning to get up there. We should plan something!