My friend, Carole at Thoughts of Home, tagged me with a '7 Random Facts About Me' meme. I wasn't sure if I would be able to come up with anything remotely interesting about myself, but I thought I should come up with something. It is fun to read the '100 Things' lists on other blogs, and I had toyed with the idea of doing one here. However, I can barely come up with 7, much less 100. We'll give it a try:
1. I am a worrier. I think I started worrying when I was about two years old. One, maybe. The fear of something happening (accident or illness) to my children is almost overwhelming at times.
2. I played the flute for years. Still have it. Never play it.
3. I want to learn how to ballroom dance. Badly.
4. I think Disneyland is the happiest place on earth.
5. I used my own money to subscribe to Home magazine when I was in 6th grade. I spent hours drawing house plans.
6. I hate movies with bad endings. I need emotional closure. I also hate movies (or books) about animals. Speaking of animals, during my childhood I (or a sister) had dogs, cats, chickens, goats, sheep, horses, fish, and hamsters. I have absolutely no desire to ever own pets. I would love to name a bunch of pets, though... (Okay, that was a two (three, four?) for one.)
7. Eight years ago, I opened a home, garden, and gift shop with my sister and mom. We were featured in Victoria magazine. Shannon and Mom now run the shop without my 'help.' They get nervous when they see me coming (with all three boys...).
Well, that is it for today. I know I am supposed to tag 7 people, but how about those of you who might be interested consider yourself tagged. (Cop-out, I know.) Comment and let me know if you decide to participate!
Game of Blog Tag Rules:
*Link to the person that tagged you.
*Post the rules on your blog.
*Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
*Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
*Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.