Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Boy Camp, Year 3

Two years ago, Russ decided to create an annual tradition. He wanted to take his boys on a boys' camping trip. Levi went the first year. They added cousin Drake the second year. Luke turned four and was finally old enough to participate this year.

The four 'guys' headed to our favorite camping spot. Don't ask me to tell you where it is, because it has recently become the favorite spot of too many people. Not one site was open at 9 pm on a Wednesday night. The boys had to sleep in the truck and wait for a camp site the next morning. But that is why it is a boys' camping trip. I, for one, would not have slept in the truck.

They lived, of course, and had a wonderful time boating, fishing, swimming, biking, hiking, eating, and playing. (The photos were all taken by Russ.)


(Levi cannot go *anywhere* without finding girls to befriend. He managed to play the role of cave tour guide (mini flashlight and all) with two sweet girls camping nearby.)

(Luke and Drake were heading to the small waterfall across the creek for a lovely shower.)


The boy group grew to 8 members on Friday evening.



The boys met up with two more for a boating/fishing excursion to Clear Lake on Saturday.
All 10 of them camped one more night,
making it back Sunday evening, happy, dirty, and tired.

I had a wonderful few days with Leif. We'll have another mom/Leif date next year, but he'll head out with the boys the year after when he turns four. I am eagerly anticipating a long weekend all to myself!!

9 comments:

Precision Quality Laser said...

What a fun idea! I think that is something I could get my husband to do with our boys and then it would just be me and my daughter at home :)

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

What great memories!

Christina said...

Looks like a great time! How special the boys must feel!

eilandkind/islandchild said...

Memories made for a lifetime.

Sheri said...

Says wonderful things about your husband as a father! My husband and my oldest son are going to take his son on his first backpacking trip this weekend. Jake (5) is so excited. I love it that our son asked Grandpa to go because it had meant so much to him to go with his Dad as a young child.

Renee said...

Your husband is a great Dad! What a thrill!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that`s so amazing. What a wonderful tradition for the boys!

I just came across your blog and am enjoying reading it . . . I`m a mom to two boys and we plan to homeschool, as well.

chicago_mom said...

My husband and I would gnaw our arms off to be in a place this beautiful! If I show him these pictures, he will go into a deep dark depression about city life...

My favorite is actually your son and the girl though. She looks like Ramona Quimby. I love it!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this!