Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Celebrity in the House

(blurry photo compliments of my 4 year old photographer)

Y'all are never going to guess with whom I spent the afternoon! Tsh, aka Simple Mom! We spent a few hours chatting while her daughter played good naturedly with my three crazy boys. I feel as if I should have asked for her autograph. {Grin}

I've been following Tsh's Simple Mom from the beginning (a year ago), watching it grow and grow and grow. The content on her site is incredible, from money management to making your home a haven (and everything in between). She has been kind enough to link to a few of my posts from time to time, as well as asking me to be a guest blogger.

When I found out that Tsh was going to be in my neck of the woods, I was hoping we would be able to get together. Well, today was that day. In case any of you were wondering, she is just as wonderful in person as she is on her blog. The only times we stopped chatting long enough to take a breath are the times I had to run and catch my two-year-old to keep him from escaping down the driveway. So much to talk about and so little time.

I love the way blogging can make the world seem oh, so small! Anyone else plan to be in Oregon (Willamette Valley) anytime soon? {Big grin}

10 comments:

Heasleye said...

Thanks for sharing the link to Simple Mom! It looks like a fabulous site.
I've also appreciated your homeschooling posts, as I'm still finding my way with my 7yo son.
And your pictures are lovely. Congrats on your win last week with I Heart Faces! :)
God bless!

Elaine

PS - I'm just up the road in Hillsboro.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! my two favorite bloggers in the same house! Wish I could have been there. Glad y'all had a nice visit.

Christi said...

Sounds like a fun visit!

carole said...

Wow! Did you feel that you had to declutter before she came? :) I am very impressed with her site - so professional!

Any advice on stopping 2 year olds from running away down the driveway?

Amy @ Literacy Launchpad said...

How cool! I don't know who I am more jealous of, you or HER! I would have loved to be hanging out there with both of you!

jodi said...

*love* simple mom-- a great woman/blog to highlight. i joined the book club (did you?) and am excited that this is the first week i have internet access to participate in the discussion.

trying my blog link again--not sure what happened before (eventually i'll get this all figured out!)

have a great day, heidi-
jodi

Heidi said...

Carole~ I did my fair share of cleaning. :) It *still* didn't look the way I wanted it to, but... :)

Jodi~ I joined the book club, but I haven't read any of the book yet. I'm slacking. Your blog link worked this time. Thanks!!

Heidi said...

Oh, and Carole, I'm very sorry to state that I have absolutely no advice on stopping two year olds from running down the driveway. I can. not. wait. until he gets a little bit older....

Heidi said...

Oh, and hi Heasleye! Thanks for commenting. Glad to meet a new neighbor. :)

Beth said...

ha ha... actually I'll be around there in March! small world is right.